- all purpose flour
How to Make Salt Dough Ornaments Step-by-Step:
- Measure out the flour and water.
- Add the water.
- Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Keep stirring until the dough is mostly together and is hard to stir any longer.
- Knead a few times with hands to bring the dough together.
- Place dough between two pieces of parchment paper and roll out.
TIP:You can divide the dough in sections so multiple kids can have their own dough to work with.
How to Cut Out, Bake and Decorate Salt Dough Ornaments:
- Roll out, changing directions occasionally, until about 1/4-inch thick.
- Stamp cookie cutters.
- Remove the dough around the shapes, then either transfer the whole piece of parchment paper to a cookie sheet OR transfer just the shapes to a parch-ment-lined cookie sheet.
- Poke holes so you have a place for a string to hang as ornaments.
- Press in a hand to make a handprint, if desired.
- Bake, let cool and decorate! TIP:Re-roll any remaining dough after
- Step 3 here to make additional ornaments.