- ½ cup pumpkin puree aka canned pure pumpkin
- 4 large eggs whisked
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 12 slices thick-cut white bread such as challah or Brioche
- oil or cooking spray for greasing the pan
- Add all the ingredients (except the bread) to a medium-sized bowl or shallow dish.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Heat a frying pan to low-medium heat, or a griddle to 350F.
- Lightly grease with oil or cooking spray.
- Dunk a piece of bread in the French toast mixture, covering each side. Gently wipe/shake off any excess batter.
- Grill for 2-4 minutes on one side until golden, then flip and continue frying on the second side until both sides are golden and the bread begins to puff.
- Repeat with the rest of the toast, adjusting the burner/griddle temperature as necessary.
- Serve immediately with syrup and whipped cream.