- 2 9-inch unbaked pie crusts
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 large egg , lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the pie crusts out to 1/8-inch thickness. Using a 3 1/2-inch cookie cutter (or cup) cut out 18 circles from the pie crusts. Re-roll any scraps of pie dough to cut out the circles, if necessary.
- Place each circle of pie crust in 18 slots of 2 standard 12-count muffin pans. Gently press the dough down and around the sides, making sure the dough fits snuggly in each cavity. Transfer the muffin pans to the refrigerator while you make the filling.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt until well combined. Then whisk in the pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, egg, and vanilla until fully combined.
- Remove the muffin pans with the pie crusts from the refrigerator. Evenly distribute the pumpkin pie filling between all 18 pie crusts in the muffin pans (about 2 tablespoons per pie crust).
- Bake for 16-20 minutes or until the tops of the mini pumpkin pies are set and the crust is lightly golden brown (watch them carefully so they don’t burn.)
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes, then carefully remove from the muffin pan and place on the wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, place in an airtight container and transfer to the refrigerator to chill for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- After chilling, carefully remove from the pans. You can serve them chilled or at room temperature, plain or with whipped cream!