These take about 20 minutes to make.
They serve 20 Frankenstein Rice Krispies
- 3/4 cup butter unsalted
- 2 10- oz bags mini marshmallows
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- green food dye
- 9-10 cups rice krispies
- 1/2 cup melted chocolate [HAIR]
- chocolate sprinkles optional
- candy eyes
- Pocky sticks [EYEBROWS]
- black food gel see photo above
- rolos or mini peanut butter cups
- Prepare a large casserole dish by greasing it and/or lining it with parchment paper.
Place butter and marshmallows in a large microwave proof bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Continue to microwave until marshmallows have expanded to double their size. Remove and stir. Microwave longer if needed and continue to stir until smooth.
- Add vanilla extract and as much green dye as needed to get the color your want for your Frankensteins.
- Add rice krispies and stir. Pour into prepared pan and press flat using a buttered piece of parchment or your hands. Let cool.
- Cut into small rectangles.
- Dip the tops into melted chocolate (you can use candy Melts for this for chocolate chips with a little oithen palce on a piece of parchment to set. You can put them in the fridge to speed up the cooling. Add chocolate sprinkles if you want!
- Place on candy eyes (I used some melted chocolate as “glue” for everything), Pocky stick unibrows and rolos! Last, draw on mouths using your black food gel.
Notes for making:
You can melt your butter and marshmallows over the stove OR in the microwave